Darkness Rises launched a few weeks back for iOS and Android and is already at over 4M downloads worldwide! We’re overjoyed to hear that so many people are jumping into the game and having fun with the fast action in both PVP and PVE.
With all the excitement around launch, we thought it would be fun to send around some tips & tricks to help everyone get the most from the game. We’ve seen questions on our social pages, as well as Reddit, and even in our own office. So working with our QA department (thanks Preza, Matt S!) and production teams at Nexon, here’s a quick selection of tips and tricks to help you get the most out of Darkness Rises!
Follow the red dots! When you first start the game the easiest way to get up and running is to follow the red dots visible on top of activities, menu items, and more. These dots indicate that something can be done, such as playing a new mission in adventure, opening a daily free chest, or upgrading your character skills.
Daily and Weekly missions. Staying on top of the daily and weekly missions is the fastest way to level up! Weekly missions focus on mini-challenges related to activities in game, while Daily missions reward you for the activities themselves. Check out all there is to offer in PVP, PVE, and Co-op missions to knock out these missions.
Use essences to upgrade characters. One of the best ways to advance in the game is to continuously level your character stats and boot your total power. To upgrade you’ll need essences that drop in Adventure mode or drop in specific essence chests. Start earning and upgrading to tackle higher rank missions and dominate in PVP or PVE.
Gear Development. As you advance later into the game, you’ll start seeing less direct upgrades in chests and will need to focus on new ways to earn top rank gear. There are two ways to boost your effectiveness for weapons and armor:
- Upgrading gear allows you to take any item enhanced to max and transition it to the next rank using Upgrade Stones. This method keeps the original item intact, allowing any set bonuses to carry over as well. Upgrade stones can be hard to come by, so use sparingly!
- Fusing gear takes two items of the same rank that have been enhanced to max and merges them into an all new item of the next rank. Be advised, the new item created may not match the original item, which could result in a loss of set bonuses.
Know your enemy. Each of the available PVP modes offers a different way to spar against real life darkness rises players. While each mode is different, there are a few solid tips to keep you active and competitive:
- Countering an enemy attack while blocking is extremely important and can be the deciding factor in any PVP encounter. Watch your opponent and anticipate when they’ll use a skill or attack, then block. If you time it just right, you’re opponent will take damage and be stunned, allowing you to strike back with a devastating blow.
- Keep your distance on your opponent and pick the best possible moment to attack. It’s not running away, it’s tactically avoiding danger while priming a punishing attack! Paired with dodge, this can be an excellent strategy to keep your opponent on their toes.
- Fishing uses bait which can be found through a bunch of different activities, such as the Lucky Wheel or Guild shop. Different baits lets you fish up different types of items. Experiment to see what you can pull up from the depths below.
- The Hot Springs provides temporary buffs through bath oils. These oils provide a 30 minute buff to a variety of stats. Players can share oil effects, so it’s always a good idea to see if one is active before applying your own. Simply relax for at least 30 seconds you’ll have a buff applied after you leave the pool.
Visit the Village! After completing Adventure stage 4-5 you’ll be able to visit the Village for a refreshing dip into the hot springs or a chance to relax while fishing. These two soothing activities also offer a tactical benefit while playing the game. Before heading to activities, be sure to spin the Lucky Wheel!
Experiment with all character classes! Playing all the classes has a few benefits. For starters, you get a better sense of what each class abilities are when you encounter them in PVP or in a group dungeon or raid. Beyond raw knowledge, the game grants rewards for multiple characters and applies a percentage of their power to the rest of the group. This helps new characters level faster and more efficiently, while providing the total group with more power.
Want more tips & tricks? Head over to the Darkness Rises Plug community and check out the game guides! These guides have walkthroughs for all areas of the game and you might learn something you missed along the way.
Have a tip you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments, we’d love to hear it!