1. Information Practices Concerning Children
Our Applications are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are under the age of 13, please stop using our Applications. It is our policy not to knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 13 to provide their Personal Information for any purpose.
We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in monitoring their children’s use of the Applications. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from children under the age of 13, we will make efforts to promptly delete the information.
2. Types Of Information We Collect
You consent to us collecting the following information, including both Personal Information and non-Personal Information:
• Information We Collect About You. When you use our Applications, we may collect and store information from you directly. For example, when you register with us, we may collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, username, nicknames and passwords, and social networking usernames and information. Once registered, you may also have the option of completing a user profile. Your user profile may include Personal and Non-Personal information, depending on how you complete the profile.
When you contact us, we also collect certain Personal Information in order to be able to respond to you.
• Your Contacts. We offer you the ability to locate, invite, and play games with your contacts. To do so, NEXON may request access to your address book or social networking accounts. We will ask you for your permission before we access and store your contacts.
• Your Device Information. When you use our Applications on your mobile devices, such as a phone or tablet, we may collect information regarding your devices, including your mobile unique device identifiers, Apple Advertising Identifier (IDFA) and Internet Protocol (IP) address. We may also collect the name you have designated for your device, the device type, and the country from which you connect. We do not track your precise location.
Technical and Usage Information. When you use our Applications, we collect technical and usage information such as your browser type, browser language, referring and exit URLs, platform type, interactions with other users, and usage statistics with the Applications. For more information on how we utilize log files and cookies, please see Section 3, “How We Collect Information about You.”
3. How We Collect Information About You
We may collect information about you, your device, and your usage in a number of ways:
When Provided Directly from You. As mentioned above, we collect information about you directly from you in certain circumstances, including:
• Account registration;
• Contest registration and prize acceptance;
• Customer support and/or technical service requests;
• Player match up and other head-to-head online competitions;
• Registration for games and/or special game-specific events;
• Newsletter subscriptions, referral services, and other marketing surveys and email campaigns;
• Creation of a personal profile;
• Product, service and/or subscription orders;
• Service requests from third party service providers made available to you as part of our Applications;
• Your accessing our products and/or services on social networks or other third party services; and
• Otherwise through use of our Applications and other online services where personal information is required for use and/or participation.
When Communicated or Shared with Other Users. You may also participate in certain activities on our Applications that give you the opportunity to voluntarily communicate or share information with other NEXON users, such as Posting messages on a message board, Posting public comments to user profiles or games, sending private messages, sending invitations, and Posting photos. We may monitor, record and store these communications in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend NEXON’s rights and property. You consent to the recording, storage and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
Through log files, cookies, and similar technological means. When you use our Applications, NEXON may collect information about your use and interaction with those Applications. The bulk of this information is collected and stored through the use of technological means like cookies, log files, and analytical measurements and tools.
• Log files are small files that typically contain IP addresses. An IP address is a numeric address that may be assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. In general, we use log files to monitor traffic on our websites and through our Applications, to troubleshoot technical problems and authenticate users’ entitlements to our products. In the event of user abuse of our websites or Applications, however, we may block certain IP addresses or game system IDs provided by our licensed hardware manufacturers. If available, IP addresses and game system IDs may be used in order to enforce our Terms of Service
• We may also make use of analytic metrics tool, whether created by us or by third parties, to collect information when you use our games, services, and Applications.
These tools and technologies use server log files, web beacons, cookies, tracking pixels and other technologies to collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses (including for purposes of determining your approximate geographic location), mobile or other hardware device ID or other device identifiers, browser types, browser language, information passed from your browser (if any), referring and exit pages, and URLs, platform type, click information, information about your device, peripheral hardware, software and/or applications installed on your machine and/or device, domain names and types, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, advertising conversion rates, the date and amount of time spent on particular pages, other Internet and website usage information, game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games, information about how your game is used, including game metrics and statistics, feature usage and purchase history, as well as unique hardware identifiers such as MAC Address, mobile unique device ID (if applicable) and other similar information.
Use of certain analytic tools may require the transmission and/or storage of information about you and your activities on services and devices not controlled by NEXON. For example, use of Google Analytics, a web analytic service offered by Google Inc. (“Google”), requires that certain information about your activities be transmitted to and stored on Google server based in the US. On behalf of NEXON, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your usage of this websites and/or Applications (as may be applicable), to make reports on website activities and/or to provide the website operator with other services related to this websites. Your IP-address collected by Google Analytics will not be matched up with other data of Google.
Similarly, certain third party analytic tools may allow the companies offering those tools to collect information on our websites or through our Applications for their own purposes. In such cases, information collected about you may be combined with information collected independently from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online and/or mobile products and services. Such information is not subject to this privacy statement, nor is under the control of Nexon.
4. How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
• To create your account, which allows you to play our games and communicate with other NEXON users;
• To provide you with a customized or personalized experience;
• To provide you with technical support or to respond to your questions or comments;
• To identify and suggest connections with other NEXON users or to send invitations on your behalf to your social networking friends or contacts in your address book;
• For legal purposes, for example to enforce our Terms or to prevent fraud or other illegal activities;
• To provide you with relevant and targeted or direct advertising from NEXON or third parties;
• To send you e-mails with useful updates or promotions about our Applications and other products and services;
• To send you notifications (SMS, push, remote, or local) on your mobile device to provide you with useful information about our Applications and other products and services (to learn how you can manage the types of notifications you receive, follow the instructions under Section 6, “Your Choices”).
6. Your Choices
NEXON provides you with a variety of choices to control the use and sharing of your information, including your Personal Information.
• Notifications (SMS, Push, Remote, and Local). You can usually opt out of receiving notifications by following these steps: (1) Go to Menu; (2) Settings; (3) Push “off” under “Push Notifications”. When we receive an opt-out request from you, we may send you a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out request.
• Accessing Your Contacts. We offer you the ability to locate, invite, and play games with your contacts. To do so, NEXON may need to access your address book or social networking friends lists. We will ask you for your opt in permission before we access and store your contacts.
• Cookies. You may be able to manually delete HTML cookies and set your browser to refuse HTML cookies by going into your browser’s settings. Note though that doing so may affect your experience with our Applications.
• User Profiles. You can change and update information in your user profile at any time. The information your previously provided may continue to be stored, however.
• Ads. Advertising associations offer methods (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) by which you may be able to opt out of receiving behavioral advertising.
7. Security of Your Information
Although we do not represent that we follow any particular, independent code of best practices, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. For example, we protect some of your information by using a firewall and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security threats, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, so we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We strongly recommend that you take steps to maximize the security of your information, such as not sharing your login information and logging out of your account after you are done using our Applications.
We store your information in the United States as well as other territories. You consent to such storage and to the transfer of information from one territory to another.
9. California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Disclosures
In some circumstances, California residents would have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. We do not honor Do Not Track requests. If you have any questions regarding our practices, please contact us at http://www.nexonm.com/support/.
10. Contact Us
“Including” -> “Include,” “Includes,” “Including,” “include,” “includes,” and “including” herein mean including without limitation.
“Personal Information” à Information about an individual consumer collected online by us, including any of the following: (1) a name; (2) a physical address; (3) an e-mail address; (4) a telephone or fax number; (5) a social security number; (6) any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual; and (7) any other type of information about a consumer that is combined with one or more of the foregoing categories.
“Post” -> To upload, post, create, make available, send, share, communicate or transmit.
Effective Date: June 18, 2014